Guaranteed to get the exam results you want
Impossible you might say, but from past experience I can say that YOU can guarantee that your results will be just what you want them to be.
I’m about to state the obvious as I am amazed at how many students do not seem to know this..or maybe they do, but are just not doing it
HOW TO PASS YOUR EXAMS
- Make a realistic REVISION TIMETABLE so you know what subjects and topics need to be studied and how much time you have to prepare yourself
- Organise all the NOTES that you have into subject files with dividers for topics
- Have a teacher/tutor CLARIFY and EXPLAIN any concepts where there are gaps in your understanding
- Make REVISION NOTES which summarise key points using MIND MAPS , FLOW CHARTS, SUMMARY TABLES and FLASHCARDS- whichever method works best for you… but make your notes (including formulae, economics graphs, literature quotes and textual evidence)
- LEARN your notes
- Identify or ask teachers/tutors the STRATEGY for answering specific types of questions
- PRACTICE as many PAST PAPERS as you can
- Have all the essay and long questions you do, REVIEWED by a teacher/ tutor
- Make a LIST OF COMMON MISTAKES which you revisit each time you approach a similar task
I cannot stress these points enough and most of all that YOU need to put in 100% of the work.
Whilst teachers and tutors will always teach, support and guide , success is ultimately down to how much work YOU actually do.